Whether you need a builder, roofer, landscaper, or any other professional, it can often be challenging to find the right contractor. This can be especially true when you are seeking a Houston paving contractor. The best way to determine whether you have found the right contractor is to evaluate the three C’s: capability, communication, and capacity.
Finding a Houston Paving Contractor to Handle Your Job
There are several aspects related to the capabilities of a commercial paving contractor that you should evaluate.
1. Does the contractor have an established background in the type of work that you need? For example, do you need to install an asphalt overlay on 20 miles of an eight-lane highway? If so, you might think twice about hiring a parking lot paving company that specializes in the construction of lots that support fewer than 50 vehicles.
2. Does the contractor possess an in-depth knowledge of pertinent building codes and local ordinances? In many jurisdictions, asphalt paving companies must be properly licensed, secure the appropriate permits, or meet other legal requirements. If the contractor you hire does not comply with relevant laws, you could be forced to have the work redone or the issues remedied at your own expense.
3. Does the contractor have the necessary skills and knowledge to complete the work? For example, many asphalt paving services require contractors to make complex calculations to ensure that the pavement will support the predicted traffic. Contractors must know how to translate vehicle weights and numbers into asphalt and base thicknesses.
What Communication Skills Should a Houston Paving Contractor Possess?
If you ask a commercial paving contractor to build you a new parking lot without providing any additional details, you are not likely to be happy with the results. The process will require a series of two-way communications between you and your contractor.
1. Virtually all asphalt paving companies are far more knowledgeable than their customers when it comes to what the requested paving services will entail. Great contractors know how to explain every step in terms that their clients can easily understand without appearing to patronize them. Furthermore, contractors are responsible for asking the questions they need customers to answer so that they can create and execute an appropriate plan.
2. Despite a contractor’s experience, planning excellence, and other skills, things can go wrong when providing asphalt paving services. On a paving project, the excavation might reveal an unknown underground spring, or inclement weather might force a delay. You should not be the last person to learn about delays or scheduling changes, and you should not have to devote your days to looking over your contractor’s shoulder.
How Does a Contractor’s Capacity Relate to Asphalt Paving Services?
Although some people lump capacity and capability together, they actually refer to two separate things. One way to look at it is to consider the old saying about biting off more than you can chew.
1. A contractor must have adequate staffing. However, this does not mean that contractors can simply increase the number of people to send. Every person needs to have the proper skills and training to perform their tasks safely, effectively, and efficiently.
2. A contractor must have a sufficient number of machines that are the right type for the job. For example, installing an asphalt overlay will usually require the use of a milling machine; the work will go much faster, and this can save you money.
Marathon Solutions Group provides exceptional workmanship to clients in the Houston area and beyond. Our paving services include asphalt paving, parking lot striping, asphalt resurfacing, parking lot signage, asphalt sealcoating, parking lot restriping, bollard installations, thermoplastic markings, asphalt milling, parking lot maintenance, and marking removal. We also repair concrete and install concrete parking lots, concrete curbs, concrete ADA features, concrete ramps, and concrete sidewalks. We have the capacity and capability to handle jobs of all sizes. We have a stellar reputation for craftsmanship, service, and professionalism. For a free quote, submit the online form, call 800-879-1147, or email Sales@Marathon-Solutions.com.