Although asphalt is an extremely economical choice for pavements, a new parking lot, street, or driveway can still represent a sizable investment. You should not have to rebuild your pavement every seven or eight years, but you could be paying to do just that if you neglect your asphalt maintenance. Of all the maintenance procedures available, asphalt sealcoating after repairing any cracks or other breaks in the pavement is the most effective and economical way to prolong your pavement’s useful life. At Marathon Solutions Group, we understand how vital sealcoating is for asphalt pavement, and we have the experience, equipment, and skills to sealcoat pavements of any size.
What Are the Benefits of Asphalt Sealcoating?
The primary function of a Houston asphalt sealcoating job is to protect asphalt pavement from damage. Your pavement can incur damage from several sources.
• The sun emits ultraviolet radiation that dries out the asphalt binder that holds your pavement together. The pavement becomes brittle and more susceptible to cracking under normal loads. Sealcoating acts like a sunscreen to block these harmful rays.
• Oil, gasoline, and other petrochemicals soften asphalt pavement. It begins to crumble, and vehicles driving over the pavement can easily tear chunks out of the softened area. Sealcoating forms a barrier that reduces the rate at which chemicals can reach the pavement, giving you additional time to remove the spills.
• Water is a formidable enemy of asphalt pavement. If it enters through cracks or other breaks in the pavement, it can erode the foundation layers. A destabilized foundation cannot properly support the weight of the pavement and its traffic. The pavement can develop potholes, alligator cracks, and sinkholes. Sealcoating enhances asphalt’s natural waterproofing characteristics. Furthermore, since no reputable contractor would apply sealcoating without first repairing any significant cracks or other breaks, you can be sure that your pavement will not allow water to penetrate to its foundation.
Sealcoating also provides benefits that are not directly related to the longevity of your pavement. However, these benefits are also of importance.
• The sun also fades asphalt pavement, turning it from a dark, luxurious color to an unattractive, dingy gray. Sealcoating will bring back the rich color that your pavement had when it was first installed. This provides excellent contrast for your pavement markings, adding to your property’s curb appeal.
• Sealcoating can fill in minor imperfections in the surface of your pavement. The smoother surface will be more aesthetically appealing, but it will also be easier to clean.
Why Should You Choose Marathon Solutions Group for Your Sealcoating Needs?
At Marathon, our goal is to provide exceptional results on every job. We use the best materials and equipment, and our team members are highly skilled individuals who are committed to producing quality work and ensuring customer satisfaction. In addition to asphalt sealcoating in Houston, TX, we also offer pavement repair, asphalt paving, concrete installation, parking lot maintenance, parking lot striping and restriping, asphalt resurfacing, thermoplastic markings, asphalt milling, concrete repairs, asphalt crack repairs, parking lot signage, marking removal, and bollard installation. For a free quote, fill out our online form or call +1 800-879-1147.
Connect with us