For years, concrete has been the go-to paving material for many types of projects. Concrete can support heavy loads and last for decades with very little routine maintenance. However, obtaining the maximum benefits will require the services of an experienced concrete contractor. If you are uncertain about the process of finding the right contractor for your project, the following advice may help.
What Do You Want Your Concrete Contractor to Construct?
An established concrete company can typically install ramps, parking lots, dumpster pads, streets, curbing, sidewalks, foundations, and many other structures. However, this is not always the case. For example, a contractor who specializes in sidewalks and driveways may not offer concrete parking lot construction. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is have a clear picture of all the concrete features that you want your contractor to install. These features could include concrete ADA ramps, forklift ramps, drainage swales, curbs and gutters, and dumpster pads as part of your concrete parking lot construction.
Do You Want Your Concrete Company to Provide a Special Service?
Today, concrete companies can stamp, stain, or dye concrete to create a unique look. Concrete can be stamped to resemble bricks or other paving materials. Stains and dyes can change the color of the concrete to match your logo or building, and some concrete installers can add artistic designs.
How Do I Select a Concrete Contractor?
Now that you know what you want, you can begin the process of choosing a specific contractor. This will require contacting several concrete companies to create a list of possible candidates.
1. Ask relatives, colleagues, and friends for recommendations. Be sure to ask them about the contractor’s dependability, workmanship, responsiveness, and professionalism.
2. If you need additional options, conduct an online search to find more candidates. Try to use specific search terms. For example, if you need a new parking lot, search for concrete parking lot contractors, adding the name of your town at either the beginning or end.
3. After compiling your list, visit each contractor’s website. Review the list of services the company offers, read any testimonials from their clients, and review any videos or pictures of the company’s work.
4. Check the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau, and visit consumer information forums to see whether people have posted reviews of the contractor.
5. Contact three to five of your leading candidates. Your first contact will likely be a quick conversation to determine whether the company performs the type of work that you need. If it does, you can make an appointment for a representative to meet with you to create a quote.
6. Quotes should be in writing, and they should be quite detailed. For example, you need labor and material charges separated, and you need to know how thick the concrete will be, the tentative starting and ending dates, and whether you or the contractor will be responsible for permits.
7. Compare the different quotes. Keep in mind that it is not always the cheapest or the costliest quote that will provide the most value.
8. If the concrete company has not already provided you with proof that it is appropriately licensed and insured, ask for it.
9. Once you have made your final selection, you should receive a written contract. Take a day or two to review it completely, and be sure to read any fine print. Do not sign a contract that has blank spaces or obscure terminology that you do not fully understand. If you would feel more comfortable, ask your lawyer to review the contractor before your sign.
Marathon Solutions Group is a respected Houston asphalt and concrete company. We offer concrete ADA work, concrete repairs, and the installation of concrete ramps, sidewalks, parking lots, and curbs. We also offer a number of parking lot maintenance procedures, including parking lot striping, asphalt crack repair, marking removal, parking lot restriping, parking lot signs, bollard installation, asphalt sealcoating, and thermoplastic markings. In addition, we offer asphalt paving and patching, asphalt resurfacing, and asphalt milling. Our exceptional reputation is based on our superior craftsmanship, exemplary service, and professional project execution. To request a free job quote, call 800-879-1147, submit the online form, or email Sales@Marathon-Solutions.com.